Sunday, November 2, 2014

Showing up

I am seeking my edges, my boundaries, my comfort zone.
I am seeking the parts that need to be changed, stopped, altered.

You see, words fail me when I am looking at a blank screen. I am myself with a pen in my hand, or a photograph in front of me. I want to write, but every thought in my head seems to run away whenever I open the editor to begin a new post.

Maybe I suffer from too much white space and not enough color. Or maybe, I am too afraid of my words hanging out here for the world to be able to find. Maybe I just have few words to truly say and I feel that I am wasting a post to say them.

Whatever the reason, I know that I wanted to show up here today, to inhabit and claim this small space. To allow myself, and the world to know that there are words bottled up, but they just seem to not come out the way that I want them to.

I am showing up, even if it isn't what I want to come out, and that is the first step in being present, and owning who I am.

No comments: